The subject was “how much power do you give your yesterday?”
The message was for me just as much as it was for those who were there.
As we are but mere hours away from going into 2014, what baggage might you carry into 2014? What does your yesterday hold that may keep you from walking freely into the New Year?
Good or bad, your yesterday can keep you stuck and bound instead of being present in today.
Unfortunately there are some who become so traumatized by their yesterday that they can no longer function.
I’ve learned that just because you are freely going about your day to day activities, it doesn’t mean you are actually moving forward.
- Does my yesterday keep me from moving forward and being happy?
- Do I dwell too much on yesterday?
- Am I moving forward or am I really stuck in the past?
- Am I able to let go of what’s holding me back?
- Did you answer yes to any of those?
Below are some thoughts to assist in your “letting go” process…
- Good or bad, don’t allow your yesterday to take control of your today.
- Turn your pain into power.
- Forgive and Forget – Forget doesn’t mean to forget memories but it means to “let go of” and move forward.
- Stop wallowing in yesterday; it’s time to move forward.
- You can run and move forward so much faster when you are lighter.
It may be a daily struggle for you at times but trust me, you can let go and move on.
Get ready to take 2014 by storm. Get all you deserve. Go into 2014 with a new attitude, a new peace and plenty of joy and happiness. You deserve it!
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14
NMB! is built with tears, pain, loss, bruises and frustration but stands firm on the promises and foundation of Jesus Christ.
For more information visit us at http://www.nomorebandages.com
Like us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/NoMoreBandages
Follow us on WordPress, www.nomorebandages.wordpress.com